Saturday, April 19, 2014

Reaper of Souls

Reaper of Souls


Reaper of Souls

I am an adult player, I am not a farmer or a troll, and I am not someone who's on Torment Level 10 (or whatever). I just like the game, have since Diablo I, and that's about it. I'm also aware that a lot of younger players are writing reviews here, and feelings are riding high. But I want to say what I think, without taking too much time about it:

1. I love the game, and I think the expansion is great, although it's far harder to keep up with, and I did have to give up "Torment" level (one). I like the way the characters are developing, and I like the sense of community in the game, with people to talk to and a greater feeling of connectedness overall. I'm really quite happy with the expansion, EXCEPT:

2. Okay, you've heard it before: THIS for $40??? One act only? I was astounded when the game ended abruptly, although many allusions were made to future expansions. But will each of these be only one act and cost $40? That's pretty outrageous.

As to the "adventuring" concept, the point needs to be made that not everyone wants to just kill demons without any story line whatsoever. Seems like a cop-out to me.

This is one of the greatest adventure/RPG games of all time. I hope Blizzard doesn't blow it.

And that's about it.
Reaper of Souls

No comments:

Post a Comment